Scientist, Next Generation SequencingCompetitive Salary + Excellent BenefitsBased in London, UKMy client have a great team consisting of dedicated and able scientists and are looking...
Job Title: Vacation Worker - Herbicide Screening Experimentalist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 Weeks
Pay Rate: £8.21 an hour
Get in touch about this excellent opportunity to gain valuable industry experience within the plant sciences/agrochemicals sector.
SRG is working with a global leading agrochemical company who are seeking self-starters to join one their herbicide screening teams in the vibrant glasshouse environment.
The Herbicide Screening Experimentalist plays an important role in the development of their agrochemicals by applying them to plants and making key observations of the effects.
Please note: to be eligible for this placement you must be available for 12 weeks over the summer period (likely late June to early July).
Interviews will take place over the Easter break and are currently expected to be conducted during the week commencing 15th April 2019.
- Selection of suitable weeds and crops for spraying, herbicide application, recording results and disposal of plants
- Maintain plants under glasshouse conditions (e.g. watering) for the duration of the test
- Identifying different plant species and herbicidal symptomology
- Work flexibly with Weed Control and Plant production teams to ensure project needs are met
- Ideally studying for a degree in Biology or Plant Sciences or a relevant scientific subject
- Excellent attention to detail as the role requires keen observations
- Demonstrable initiative and a proactive approach in the workplace
- The role involves lifting of heavy objects so a willingness to do this is a must
If you know someone who currently works at Syngenta please make it clear on your CV/coversheet, including their name and ideally department.
Apply online today by submitting your CV. We will be reviewing applications on Monday 8th April 2019.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.