Rapidly-growing company requires an R&D Manager, to be based in Staffordshire. Requiring significant experience in the development and formulation of colour cosmetics and some...
Growing company requires 2 Cosmetic Regulatory Scientist, 1 based in Cheshire, one based in Staffordshire. Requiring experience in cosmetic regulatory affairs or a degree in Cosmetic Science (or similar) with some regulatory knowledge.
Title: Cosmetic Regulatory Scientist
Locations: Cheshire and Staffordshire
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a fast-growing company who specialise in the development and manufacture of cosmetic and personal care products, with a wide range of retail customers. As result of increasing demand and global growth, they are now looking for 2 Cosmetic Regulatory Scientists - one to join their existing team in Cheshire, and the other joining the team at a brand new facility in Staffordshire. Each will involve ensuring raw materials and products are compliant with UK and international regulations, as well as ethical standards such as cruelty-free, vegan and plastic free. This position would be well suited to someone with experience in regulatory affairs relating to the cosmetics industry, though Cosmetic Science graduates will also be considered.
Benefits: Exciting opportunities with a small, fast-paced teams, with full support and training. Creative and driven company culture. 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), defined-contributions pension scheme and 40 working hours per week, worked from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Reviewing raw ingredients, liaising with suppliers as necessary, to ensure compliance with cruelty-free standards, vegan suitability, plastic-free requirements and sustainability
- Reviewing formulations for compliance with EU regulations, FDA and other international legislation
- Working closely with R&D and with customers to maintain and update the product range
- Monitoring, identifying and reporting on industry and consumer trends, for example in ethical considerations, styles, competitor activity, etc.
- Packaging copy and artwork approvals, ensuring these are appropriate for global markets including EU, USA, Australia, New Zealand and South America.
- Creating and maintaining Product Information Files (PIFs) to support notifications for Cosmetic Product Safety Reports and for updating REACH and the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CNPN)
- Completing product specifications, updating customer portals and following up QC non-conformance and actions
- Previous experience or knowledge of cosmetic regulatory compliance - ideally gained in industry
- Cosmetic Science graduates will be considered
- Genuine interest in beauty, cosmetics and trends in the industry
- Good attention to detail, strong communication skills and willingness to learn
These roles would be excellent opportunities for someone with regulatory experience in the cosmetics or personal care industry or perhaps a recent Cosmetic Science graduate with some knowledge of industry regulations.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cosmetic science, personal care, make-up, cosmetics, beauty, regulation, regulatory, compliance, chemistry, graduate, formulation, R&D, product development, cruelty-free, vegan
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.