Growing company requires 2 Cosmetic Regulatory Scientist, 1 based in Cheshire, one based in Staffordshire. Requiring experience in cosmetic regulatory affairs or a degree...
Rapidly-growing company requires an R&D Manager, to be based in Staffordshire. Requiring significant experience in the development and formulation of colour cosmetics and some leadership experience.
Title: R&D Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum (negotiable dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a fast-growing company who specialise in the development and manufacture of cosmetic and personal care products, with a wide range of retail customers. As result of their impressive growth over the last year, they are now looking for an R&D Manager to oversee their brand new laboratory based in Staffordshire. The role will involve leading a small team in formulating new cosmetic products, carrying out associated testing and collaborating with other technical teams. It would be well suited to someone with proven background in formulating and developing cosmetic/personal care products, with some experience of colour chemistry or colour cosmetics.
Benefits: An exciting opportunity to lead a small team in a brand new laboratory, driving innovation in a competitive market. Creative and highly motivated company culture. Competitive salary, defined-contributions pension scheme and 40 working hours per week, worked from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Leading the development process and formulation of new colour cosmetic products for global markets
- Managing team members, ensuring tasks are completed to deadlines
- Delivering products based on customer brief, within quality and regulatory constraints
- Deciding on work flow and delegation of tasks to best deliver on projects
- Creating specifications for new or improved products
- Liaising with in-house technical teams to develop ideas and adhere to technical, regulatory and budgeting requirements
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain new and alternative raw materials
- Carrying out stability testing and further analysis to determine properties, including viscosity and pH
- Communicating project updates and pertinent information to technical director as needed
- Recording laboratory work for future reference and review
- Minimum degree in Cosmetic Science, Chemistry or qualified by experience
- Proven background and significant experience of developing and formulating colour cosmetic or personal care products.
- Demonstrable experience of leading/supervising/managing others
- Able to drive effective and efficient working to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and pro-active with a positive approach to problem solving
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced Formulation or Development Chemist with a strong background in the cosmetic or personal care industry.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cosmetic science, chemistry, cosmetic, colour cosmetics, formulation, laboratory, R&D, product development, personal care, stability, manager, supervisor, leader, team lead, innovation, lipstick, mascara, foundation, lip gloss, hair dye, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blusher, concealer, bronzer
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.