Senior AnalystOxfordshirePerm£25,000Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 The position of Senior Analyst is within the analytical laboratory in Oxfordshire. In this role, you will work as...
JOB TITLE: Senior Consumer Safety Expert
SALARY: Highly Competitive + Benefits
SRG are currently working with a world-leading organisation in the agrochemical sector, looking for an experienced scientist to join their Crop Protection function as a Senior Consumer Safety Expert.As a Senior Consumer Safety Expert within Consumer Health, you would form a key member in ensuring the dietary safety to consumers following the use of the organisations' crop protection products. You will utilise your understanding, interpretation and integration of a wide range of data (e.g. metabolism, residue trials, processing, toxicological outputs) to provide robust consumer risk assessment positions and expertise into European and Global projects.
- Providing expertise in the interpretation and application of metabolism and residue data in dietary risk assessment.
- Identifying, defining and solving key scientific problems, particularly on the design, use and interpretation of dietary exposure data.
- Understanding and interpretation of current and future techno-regulatory guidelines and issues, and developing and advocating techno-regulatory strategies to gain and defend product registrations.
- Ensuring the delivery and content of regulatory submission documents that meet quality and agreed timelines.
- Representing Syngenta as the technical expert in discussions with external regulatory authorities or industry associations
- Participating in and leading science projects that advance the work of Consumer Safety, and communicating the outcomes within Syngenta and at external venues.
- Educated to a minimum of a bachelor's degree level in chemistry, biochemistry, analytical science, environmental chemistry or related scientific subject, with proven experience in a relevant environment or transferable knowledge from a different industry.
- Proven track record of solving difficult and complex technical problems.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary project teams is preferable, however an aptitude of working multiple projects simultaneously and able to prioritise work effectively is required.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organizational/analytical skills.
If this is of interest, apply direct today, or call Nathan McCarron to discuss in greater detail on 0161 868 2234.