Job Role: Synthetic Chemist GraduateVacancy type: PermanentStarting Salary: Dependant on experience Recent graduate looking for a break into Organic/Synthetic Chemistry?SRG are currently working with an...
Technical Service Chemist based in Greater Manchester
Title Technical Service Chemist Location Greater Manchester Salary £25,000 - £30,000
SRG are currently working with a well-established producer of technical additives, dyes & pigments based in Manchester. Supplying a varied customer base within the international chemicals market, they have seen continued success and are currently looking for a talented chemist to join their Technical service team. Being based on site in Manchester this position will also include global travel and a great deal of direct customer contact.
Benefits: This position offer the opportunity to join a true specialist in a niche industry. This position will offer the right individual a key position within a specialist technical team as well as an opportunity for international travel. Other benefits include a competitive salary of £25,000 - £30,000 as well as a generous profit related pay scheme, 25 days annual leave + public holidays, and a contributory pension scheme.
- The working hours for this role will be between 09:00 - 17:00, Monday to Friday.
- Some Flexibility will be required outside of these times due to travel.
Role / Description Working alongside a talented technical service team, this position will be responsible for providing direct technical support to customers & clients. Key duties will include:
- Liaising directly with customers & clients to provide technical support. Responding to technical enquires and investigating / resolving complaints.
- Provide product training & support both internally & externally as a technical & applications expert within the company.
- Conduct application & stability testing of new and existing products using techniques such as UV-Vis & HPLC.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new products.
- Support the sales & commercial team with expert knowledge.
- Travelling internationally to new & existing customers to provide onsite technical support & develop new business.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry or a related field.
- A good knowledge of Organic Chemistry / colour chemistry or petro-chemistry.
- Previous experience of providing technical service
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srg.co.uk. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Chemistry, Technical Service, Technical Support, Organic, Colour