Clinical ScientistA new and exciting role has opened up within a team of experienced clinical scientists at a pioneering organisation focused on the development and...
Bioinformatics Scientist - Image Analysis / Data Scientist
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: DOE- from £32K
Work Area: Computational Science
Global Biotechnology Company based in a research park around Cambridge is looking for a data scientist to join their R&D team.
You will support high-throughput data analysis by developing new process and algorithms for image analysis and population-based data.
You role will:
* Working with multidisciplinary scientists to optimise instrumentation and assays
* Implementing numerical algorithms in C, C++
* Investigating results to generate novel methods of sample processing and data analysis
* Study high-throughput data, in particular with images, to improve testing and implementations of new approaches
Your background and skills are:
* MSc/PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, engineering or equivalent (E)
* Problem solving approach (E)
* Graphics or image analysis skills and data modelling (E)
* Experience of applied statistics in a research environment (E)
* Abilities in C or C++ and scripting language such as Python (D)
The company offer pension, cycle to work scheme and is located on a research park with child-nursery facilities and a gym with swimming pool.
There is ample car-parking for employees and if you wish you can use the bus-shuttle from Cambridge and the train station to travel to/from work.
If this sounds like you, please apply online or contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607 855 for further details.