Bioinformatics Scientist Image Analysis/ Data ScientistRole Type: PermanentSalary: DOE- from £32KWork Area: Computational ScienceGlobal Biotechnology Company based in a research park around Cambridge is looking...
Bioinformatics - Algorithm Developer
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: DOE- from £35K
Work Area: Computational Science
Global Biotechnology Company based in a research park around Cambridge is looking for a BioInformatician to join their team.
You will be working on their computational platform to help with high-throughput data analysis and development of specific workflow to target cancer and genetic disease.
You role will be:
* Development of algorithms and workflows
* Engineer novel processing pathways with your knowledge of DNA sequencing data and coding
* Assist in the maintenance and improvement of bioinformatics software
* Help develop end-user applications
Your background and skills are:
* BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent (E)
* Abilities in C or C++ and scripting language such as Python, R, Perl (E)
* Experience of open-source bioinformatics tools and cloud platforms (E)
* Abilities in the design and validation of algorithms (E)
* Knowledge of DNA sequence analysis algorithm (D)
The company offer pension, cycle to work scheme and is located on a research park with child-nursery facilities and a gym with swimming pool. There is ample car-parking for employees and if you wish you can use the bus-shuttle from Cambridge and the train station to travel to/from work.
If this sounds like you, please apply online or contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607 855 for further details.