Research Technician (Molecular Biology) LondonUp to £15.50 per hour + Benefits Do you have proven hands on experience of DNA and RNA extraction? My client...
Molecular Biology - Associate Scientist
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Do you have experience working with qPCR, including primer design?
Would you like to work for a cutting edge molecular diagnostics company?
My client employes dedicated and able scientists from around the world, working together to produce revolutionary molecyular diagnostics. They are looking to hire additional talented Research Assistants to support the development of their DNA sequencing technology.The role of Molecular Biology, Associate Scientist, is focused on adapting NGS chemistries to much simpler, targeted workflows than are currently possible: sample in / NGS results out, in a clinically meaningful timeframe.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team engaged in developing thecompany's revolutionary NGS products for point-of-need diagnostic applications. This comprises a mixture of electrical engineering, molecular biology, chemistry, mechanical design, software, bioinformatics and product design.
The successful candidate will be part of the NGS Sequencing Team and will assis with the subset of the team deliverables; comprising technology development of a massively parallel sequencing process performed on an integrated circuit (chip). The on-chip process must be compatible with cartridge-based automation and performance must meet the demanding requirements of the novel DNAe NGS platform. Specific responsibilities of the Associate Scientist include;
- Supporting with the design and execution of laboratory experiments and indepth analysis of resulting data
- Proactive interaction with other NGS platform teams to assure effective communication and proper alignment of input/output requirements.
- Participation in the integration of the technology into the automated platform.
- Assist with the development and integration of modules on the platform.
The successful candidate must be a team player who interacts well with a variety of colleagues within and outside their area of expertise; is a strong and proactive communicator and willing to step in and take on additional tasks to support the project, as and when needed.
It is essential that you do not think of your development work in isolation, but rather enjoy communicating, identifying and solving problems collaboratively with colleagues outside of their immediate area of expertise. A multidisciplinary mindset is crucial, as communication with a variety of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds with be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc, MSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical, or relateddiscipline.
- Familiarity with standard molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, including primer design.
- Pragmatic, with excellent problem solving and analytical capacity.
- Responds positively to intellectual and time challenges.
- Ability to independently design, troubleshoot, perform andanalyse experiments.
- Input into resolving technical problems encountered during experiments.
- High quality experimental output, exemplifying Good Laboratory Practice.
- Demonstrates ability to independently solve problems.
- Product development or assay development experience based on PCR or NGS based analysis systems.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of NGS workflows.
- Experience with surface phase DNA amplification techniques and assay development.
- Workflow development experience of IVD or NGS systems.
- Effective working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Microfluidics, cartridge or instrument development experience.
- Experience of cancer diagnostics or NGS sequencing applied to oncology.
- Experience working with Biosafety Category 2 certified micro-organisms.
Key Words "IVD,diagnostic, diagnostics, molecular biology, sequencing, ngs, POC, point of care, life sciences, microfluidics, lab on a chip, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, assay, assays, phd, senior scientist, NGS, next-generation, next generation, platform, In-vitro, in vitro, molecular, semi conductor"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706 for further details