Molecular Biology Associate ScientistLondon BasedCompetitive Salary + Benefits Do you have experience working with qPCR, including primer design?Would you like to work for a cutting...
Data Analyst - Molecular Diagnostics
Do you have experience of raw signal processing, data analysis, and data visualisation within molecular diagnostics?
Would you like to work for a cutting edge diagnostics company?
My client are integrating cutting-edge semiconductor technologies with novel biochemical techniques to develop a new next generation sequencing (NGS) platform and associated molecular diagnostic applications. Working on the NGS platform development team, you will be responsible for the analysis of NGS data throughout the research and development process.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of signal processing and data analysis algorithms for the NGS platform. Specific activities include,
- Deep analysis of data sets generated by ongoing R&D work, including but not limited to processing of raw electronic signals generated by the NGS platform and associated troubleshooting
- Developing novel data visualisation methodologies to support lab activities
- Continuous liaison with laboratory teams to feedback results and inform experimental design
- Continuous improvement of signal processing algorithms
- Supporting the design and implementation of high-throughput automated primary DNA sequencing signal analysis software where required (base calls, mapped reads, quality scores, error rate, signal to noise, phasing, coverage depth)
- Fulfilment of all documentation as required by the Quality
- Management System, aligned to ISO 13485 Quality Standard.
Required Skills and Experience;
Our scientists and engineers thrive on working within interdisciplinary teams. You should have a practical, self-motivated approach to your work, feeling comfortable with working in a dynamic research and development environment.
We are looking for people with a passion for their work - people who strive for exceptional results and who can deliver pragmatic solutions on time. and experience
- MSc. or PhD preferred in a scientific field such as Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science
- Highly proficient in Python - SciPy, NumPy, Pandas
- Demonstrable skills and experience with raw signal processing, data analysis, and data visualisation
- A high level of mathematical ability, with a methodical and logical approach
- Innovative problem-solving abilities, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team, especially in the molecular diagnostics and biotechnology sectors
- Clear communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with colleagues from various disciplines
- Experience with Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), ideally ISFET-based sequencing, and raw sequencing signal processing
- Sound knowledge of genomics and statistical methods
- Experience working with a range of programming languages, including R, SQL, and MatLab
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics formats (HDF5, FastQ, etc.)
- Confident in a Linux environment and Git source code repository
- Development, optimisation and implementation of NGS primary analysis algorithms