Trainee Animal Technician
Contact Andrew for more info: 0121 278 8456 andrew.shortt.srg.co.uk
Are you looking for a career that you can grow and develop in?
Are you passionate about caring for animals?
Do you want to join a company where you can look after rodents, rabbits, dogs, farm animals, primates and birds?
We are looking for Trainee Animal Technician's to join our clients team.
We fully support our technicians through a structured training and development programme which includes gaining an accredited Animal Science and Technology qualification, as well as structured career progression.
- As a trainee animal technician, your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals
- Changing cages and associated equipment
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems.
What we need from you!:
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals and the capability to develop the requisite skills.
- Previous experience of working with (and handling) animals would be beneficial
- Animal Care or Animal Management qualifications at Level 2 or higher are desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 5 A-C (4+) GCSE's or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English and Science
- Full training is provided
- There may be the opportunity for additional income through overtime at weekends, weekdays and public holidays.