Research ScientistExcellent salary and company benefitsAn excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing R&D team based in Cambridgeshire.In this new role, you will be working...
Biomedical Scientist / Histologist
This is an exciting new role within an experienced team of Biomedical Scientists at an innovative organisation focused on delivering patient-centric solutions for the development of bespoke cancer therapies.
The organisation is based in Cambridge, UK.
The role profile includes, but is not limited to:
- The daily management and delivery of the Diagnostic Genomic Services
- Sample reception, cutting paraffin sections/curls
- IHC techniques and extraction of DNA/RNA from paraffin embedded samples
- Ordering laboratory consumables, stock maintenance and accurate updating of the QMS.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and ensure that all is in good working order, compliant with ISO 15189
- Clinical validation activities
- To actively participate in the company audits relating to UK NEQAS Molecular Genetics and NEQAS ICC and ISH standards
- Working in a skilled team of biomedical scientists and histologists within a wider group of multidisciplinary scientists
- Background working in a clinical diagnostic lab with expertise in Histology and/or IHC
- Proven background working in a UKAS accredited laboratory to ISO standards under cGLP conditions
- Good working knowledge of managing a QMS
- Proven ability to cut paraffin sections
- In-depth working knowledge of Histopathology techniques
- High throughput staining and slide-reading, good pipetting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with a wide range of laboratory equipment and showing good appreciation for developments in the fields of molecular pathology and cancer genetics
If this represents an attractive opportunity for you and your CV will demonstrate the key areas mentioned above then please apply now by attaching your CV in Word. Or for further information on this exciting role then contact Rebecca Johnston: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607858.