QC Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring practical laboratory skills, gained through industrial experience in a manufacturing environment. Title: QC TechnicianLocation: West YorkshireSalary:...
QC Technician in West Yorkshire - Full training
Title QC Technician Location North YorkshireSalary £16,000 - £19,000 (dependant on experience)
Our client is a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals supplying customers across the UK. They are seeking to employ a Quality control Technician to join them on their site based in North Yorkshire. Working alongside a small team of experienced chemists in an industrial laboratory, this role would be well suited to a graduate chemist looking for their first scientific job.
Benefits: This position would be an ideal starting point for a graduate chemist looking to begin a career within the lab. Working alongside a small team of experienced chemists, this position could offer full training and will initially be focussed on supporting the Quality testing of chemical products & raw materials but could progress in time to be involved with R&D, product formulation and technical support, offering genuine long term opportunities.
Role / Description
This will be a hands on position within an industrial chemical laboratory, supporting the work of the senior chemists. Duties will include:
- Performing QC tests of raw materials & chemical products, using:
- UV spectrophotometry
- Reflectance spectrophotometry
- pH, SG and assorted wet Chemical techniques.
- Preparing certificates of analysis & QC Paperwork
- General Lab maintenance & housekeeping.
Working HoursMonday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00 (37.5 hours per week)
- A degree or similar scientific qualification in chemistry or a related field.
- Previous laboratory experience (either industrial or academic) would be advantageous but not essential.
- Enthusiastic, keen to lean and self-motivated.
- Keen to begin a career within an Industrial laboratory.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma White at Emma.White@srg.co.uk . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.