Job Title: Material Characterisation Scientist
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: £14.72-£15.60 an hour (circa £28,000-£30,000 per annum)
SRG is working with a biopharmaceutical company who are leaders in their field, producing a range of over 100 medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
They are currently seeking a Material Characterisation Scientist to support advanced characterisation methods to evaluate the physical and other solid state properties of materials (ranging from the input active pharmaceutical ingredients [APIs] to excipients and final dosage forms).
- Determining physical properties of APIs and excipients using a range of characterisation techniques including pXRD
- Solid-state characterisation of APIs and excipients using thermodynamic techniques such as DSC and TGA
- Evaluate, interpret and report results using presentations and technical reports to be understood by the wider customer base
- Hold a degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Pharmaceutical Science or a relevant scientific subject
- Knowledge and experience of modern solid state particle characterisation techniques such as particle size, shape and surface area
- Laboratory experience of a range of analytical techniques including XRD/pXRD, DSC, TGA, for the screening and analysis of solid forms/polymorphs
Apply online today. Please contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248 for more information on the role.