Job Title: Research Scientist Location: Bracknell, Berkshire Contract: 2 Years Pay Rate: £15.11 to £20.11 an hour (circa £28,000 to £37,500 per annum) SRG...
Job Title: Research Scientist - Transporters
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 2 years
Pay Rate: £15.11 - £21.11 an hour (circa £28,000 - £39,500 per annum)
If you are a scientist with a keen interest in the transport of molecules across cells then this is the opportunity for you!
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company who are seeking a PhD-holding molecular biologist, biochemist or cellular biologist to join their herbicide bioscience department.
The Research Scientist will develop novel technology platforms to allow deeper understanding of the molecular basis of the movement of herbicides within a plant.
- Express proteins of interest in unicellular/single-celled system
- Characterise target proteins to identify if they are capable of transferring the active ingredients of agrochemicals
- Develop assays for the transport of small molecules into plant cells
- Experience with transporters is essential. This can be from characterising enzymes to investigating active transport into cells
- Experience of developing novel transporter assays ideally in plant or fungal systems but can be in mammalian or bacterial systems
- Hold a PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or a relevant scientific subject with postdoctoral experience in academia or industry
- Extensive experience of protein expression
Apply online today or call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248 for more information.
Don't miss this excellent opportunity to be at the forefront of crop production solutions. The role is ased at their modern R&D site in beautiful surroundings and additional perks include 31.5 days annual leave.