Clean Room Technician (multiple positions)Location: Saffron Walden (Essex)Salary: 18-22KType: PermanentMy client, based south of Cambridge, is a well-established Contract Manufacturing Organisation working on the research,...
Technical Applications Support Scientist - German, Spanish or French speaker
Salary: DOE - up to £29K/annum
Role Type: 6 months contract
My client is a Biotechnology company based near Cambridge. A leading provider of Molecular Biology platforms and solutions used across various applications including; Research Institutes, Biotechnology Industry and within Genetic testing/screening.
If you have a strong technical knowledge in Molecular Biology and its application with the Biotechnology industry and you are customer-focused with strong problem solving and communication skills this role will be for you.
You will need to have a European secondary language to help with supporting customers around Europe with using the products.
You will become an expert in the company portfolio and be instrumental in the success of the scientific discoveries by the researchers using the products.
The support encompass molecular biology, instrumentation usage and some data analysis allowing each technical support specialist to become an expert in their area.
The main responsibilities of the Applications Support Scientist will be:
* Answering end-users' queries and complaints by phone and email
* Troubleshooting and resolution of customers' technical questions and issues
* Logging and management of all highlighted issues in the company CRM
* Liaise with Field Applications Specialists and Engineers to arrange on site support
* Working as a team to ensure quick turn-around of queries
Candidate Profile and skills:
* PhD/Msc/Bsc (or equivalent) in Molecular Biology or a closely related area (E)
* Strong experience in troubleshooting applications and protocols; such as PCR, sequencing, genotyping or related (E)
* Experience working in a laboratory (E)
* Fluency in other languages - German, Spanish or French - is essential (E)
* Strong communication skills and ability to speak confidently with customers (D)
* Teaching or mentoring knowledge would be a plus (D)
* Working in a Biotech or industrial placement (D)
* Customer support experience (D)
Please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607855.