Microbiology Consultant / Technical DirectorHome Based / South East£400 £500 a day (commensurate with experience) My client are an early stage start-up Biotech, with a...
Job Title: Technical Specialist - Plants - Small molecule distribution and metabolism
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Pay Rate: £15.12 - £21.11 an hour (circa £28,000 - £39,500 per annum)
Contract: Until 20/12/19 initially with a permanent opportunity for right candidate
SRG is working with an agrochemical company based in Berkshire, close to Reading. At the forefront of research and development in the herbicide field, they are currently seeking a Technical Specialist to join their Biokinetics team.
The Technical Specialist will generate experimental data using established methods to give better understanding of herbicide selectivity.
- Use whole plants or cell culture systems to measure the uptake, movement and metabolism of candidate herbicides
- Dosing of plants with herbicides before using LC-MS to follow movement of small molecules or studying radiolabelled herbicide molecules
- Study phenotypic changes in plants to look at the damage caused by herbicides in plants
- Educated to degree level (either BSc/MSc with experience or hold a PhD) in Plant Sciences, Biochemistry or Biological Sciences
- Experience of studying metabolism in plant systems ideal but may consider experience of small molecule metabolism in other systems like mammalian cells.
- Keen interest in biokinetics within the bioscience field
Apply online today by submitting your CV. For more information on the role and the generous holiday allowance contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.