Assay Scientist6 months TEMPORARYCambridge£10.00 £14.00 per hourWorking on a project on site with one of our prestigious clients who operate in the field of novel...
Senior Scientist - Analytical Chemistry - Pharmaceuticals
Salary c£40,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based in Hertfordshire
Do you have substantial experience in HPLC analysis of Pharma or BioPharma products within a GxP environment?
Would you like to work at a global pharmaceutical company with excellent career opportunities.
My client are a Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical company with a global footprint, providing excellence at every stage of the drug development life-cycle. Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a Senior Scientist to take a key laboratory based position within the analytical team, undertaking predominately HPLC analysis on manufactured biopharmaceutical / large molecule drug products.
You will work as part of a small lab based team of analysts with minimal supervision, generating and interpreting analytical data for a range of HPLC and compendial methods in regards to acceptability and consistency.
The Senior Scientist will assist the Quality Control Manager and QC Supervisors with laboratory investigations and deviations where required and set up and maintain HPLC analytical instrumentation and associated processes.
To be considered you'll need the following skills and experience;
- Substantial experience with the use of HPLC systems (ideally Agilent 1200) including prep, analysis and data review
- Experience in the use of Waters Empower CDS, a super user would be preferable but not essential
- Proven experience of pharmaceutical analysis within a GMP / GxP environment
- Understanding of deviations / OOS investigations
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Forensics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or related analytical subject
- Knowledge and understanding of biochemical techniques disciplines e.g. ELISA, SDS page
- Knowledge and understanding of compendial techniques disciplines e.g. KF, Protein concentration, HIAC
- Very good organisational, planning, communication (oral, written), and problem solving skills
Key Words "Bio-pharmaceutical, BioPharmaceutical, HPLC, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Analysis, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, GMP, GxP, Hertfordshire, Senior Analyst, Senior Scientist, QC, Quality Control, deviations, OOS results"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706