An opportunity for a Scientist to join an innovative life science organisation due to expansion.Job Title: Assay Development ScientistDuration: PermanentSalary: CompetitiveLocation: YorkshireSRG are working with...
Development Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science with good lab practice gained from industrial laboratory experience.
Title: Development Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a growing company who develop and manufacture dispersions, emulsions, additives and fillers for use in coatings, adhesives, and other polymer products. Due to their continued growth, they are now looking to recruit a Development Chemist to join their technical team based in West Yorkshire. The role would suit a recent Chemistry or Polymer Science graduate, ideally with some laboratory experience gained in industry.
Benefits: Dynamic and growing company offering an opportunity get involved in the development and formulation of polymer products. Working hours of 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Offering 22 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays. Other benefits include workplace pension and an excellent company bonus scheme.
Role / Description
- Assisting in the development of new and existing polymer formulations
- Planning own experiments and project work
- Scale up of own formulations
- Supervising productions batches
- Evaluating new raw materials from suppliers and testing them in existing formulations
- Working closely with sales and production teams to update and be updated with formulation changes
- Producing weekly reports on projects and raw materials testing
- Ordering laboratory consumables
- Quality control and testing production batches
- Any other ad hoc laboratory work as required
- Working to strict health and safety processes
- Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science
- Laboratory experience gained in industry
- Good lab practice/housekeeping and knowledge of COSHH
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and able to manage own projects
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Chemistry or Polymer Science graduate ideally with industrial experience.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, polymer science, polymer, development, R&D, formulation, graduate, additive, dispersion, lab experience, COSHH
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.