Senior Research AssistantOxfordFull time Permanent positionCompetitive salary and benefits package including share optionsAre you a Life Scientist with experience in the production of proteins in...
Job Title: Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Insecticide Biokinetics
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 2 Years
Pay Rate: £32,000 - £37,000 per annum
This is an excellent postdoctoral opportunity for PhD candidates who specialise in entomology or plant physiology in relation to ADME of compounds.
Our client, a leading agrochemical company based in Bracknell, are looking for a candidate ideally with previous experience of applying biokinetic considerations in research projects.
The Post-Doctoral Research Associate will execute novel projects to drive innovation and develop capabilities related to the uptake, movement and metabolism of insecticides in crop pests or plants.
- Develop new biokinetic capabilities in relation to the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) of insecticides
- Create better understanding of how compounds cross external membranes to get to internal targets, and similarly their metabolism in insects
- Utilise a range of experimental methods to investigate biokinetics
- Hold a PhD in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Agricultural Sciences or a relevant scientific subject
- Specialise in Plant Physiology, Entymology or Toxicology in relation to the ADME of compounds with proven publication record
- Ability to plan, execute and lead multidisciplinary studies with potentially conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of crop biology and the impact of the environmental conditions insecticides are expected to perform under is advantageous
- Knowledge of the physicochemical properties of active ingredients (AIs) used in crop protection products is also advantageous
As well as being at the forefront of research in this field, the role comes with additional benefits including 31.5 days annual leave.
Apply online and for more information call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.