Development Chemist required on a 6 month temporary contract, based in Cheshire East. Requiring experience with coatings, paints, polymer resins or cementitious materials. Scientific...
Development Chemist with a specialism in Inorganic Adhesives - based in Merseyside
Title Senior Development Chemist Location Merseyside, North-WestSalary £35,000 - £38,000SRG are currently seeking to recruit a Development Chemist with a knowledge of inorganic adhesives to join a well-established, leading producer of specialist industrial coatings. This position will be an integral part of a new R&D project aimed at developing new markets and will be well placed to grow and develop within the business.
Based in the Merseyside area, this would be an ideal position for a development chemist with experience or a good working knowledge of Inorganic adhesives.
Benefits: This position can offer genuine career opportunities, being well placed to potentially move in to a management position within a few years. Other benefits will include:
- 33 days annual leave - Inc. public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme - matched up to 6%
- Performance related bonus - up to 10%
- 08:30 - 16:45 Monday to Thursday.
- 15:45 finish on Fridays
Role / Description This position will be focussed on the development & optimisation of new adhesives to apply to new industrial markets. Key duties will include:
- The development of adhesives with a focus on inorganic adhesives that can be bonded without welding, bonding or interlocking key components.
- Developing adhesives with magnetic properties
- Participating in pilot plant trials & complaint investigations -providing technical support.
- Liaising directly with Universities & testing bodies.
- A degree in chemistry or a related field / proven equivalent laboratory experience
- Proven experience in the development / formulation of adhesives
- Knowledge of developing inorganic adhesives or Silicate, Phosphate or Glass products.
- Experience of managing development projects.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan Fairhurst on 0161 868 2227.If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Development, Adhesive, Inorganic, Coatings, Formulation