Materials Testing Scientist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring experience of inorganic materials analysis and knowledge or experience of electrochemistry, electrochemical cells or catalysis....
Exciting new role for an Electrochemist, based in North Cheshire. Requiring proven background in electrochemistry, from either industrial experience or specialisation in academia. Knowledge of electrochemical systems and processes including fuel cells and electrolysers would be advantageous.
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a highly innovative, dynamic company who specialise in the development of revolutionary technology for bespoke industry applications. Gaining global attention and success, their work is entirely unique and making huge positive changes to the chemical, pharmaceutical and utilities industries. Growing rapidly, they are now looking for an Electrochemist to take a hands-on approach in developing new materials and processes for electrochemical cells and components, as well as scale up of the technology. It would suit someone with strong practical knowledge of electrochemistry and electrochemical techniques, along with good technical problem solving skills.
Benefits: A forward-thinking company who are genuinely passionate about changing the world with their technology. A diverse and welcoming team, with senior leadership who value every person's contribution. 37.5 working hours, Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish times. Pension scheme, life assurance, employee support programme and subsidised canteen and gym membership.
Role / Description
- Undertaking lab-based work to evaluate new materials and develop processes to produce electrochemical components or cells
- Using electrochemical characterisation techniques to test sell performance, degradation and ageing and assessing cell materials for electrodes
- Scale up of material and process from lab to pilot scale
- Liaising with R&D, project and production teams to gather data, report progress, write up new processes and hand over for pilot scale production.
- Delivering accurate and clear reports to the R&D team.
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for system testing
- Training other staff in newly developed techniques
- Helping to set up and supervising the testing of electrochemical cells systems.
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or Materials Science (or similar), ideally with some specialisation in electrochemistry
- PhD research experience in this field would be considered advantageous
- Experience of industrial electrochemistry and associated techniques, e.g. electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, voltammetry and electrode cells, performance testing
- Strong, creative problem solving skills
- Proven skills in translating research and experiments into applicable, real world solutions
- Able to work autonomously but interact and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: electrolyser, electrolysis, electrochemistry, electrochemical, rig, pilot, scale, process, experiment, experimental, electrode, cathode, anode, electrolyte, lab-scale, pilot scale, laboratory, impedance spectroscopy, voltammetry, cell, components, materials reaction, reactor, chemical, laboratory, pilot plant , process development
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.