Client Manager Glasgow PermanentDo you have project management experience within the biopharmaceutical industry? Can you perform well in a fast paced environment?Can you work well...
Process Development Manager required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow
Title - Process Development Manager - Lentiviral Vectors
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced Process Development Manager to work in a challenging role leading the development of lentiviral design and production capabilities. Providing expertise leadership to the Product Development teams you will also lead projects to scale up to GMP manufacture.
The role will be suited to someone with a life sciences PhD along with experience in lentiviral vector design and production.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you. My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Design and optimize lentiviral plasmids for the efficient expression of lentiviral delivered genetic cargo
- Establish a robust in-house process for the production of lentiviral vectors at research scale with a view to upscale to production of clinical grade therapeutic viral vectors
- Assist in the development of a scalable GMP compliant process for the efficient transduction of cells for the production of cellular therapeutics
- Develop SOPs for the production of lentiviral vectors and efficient transduction of cells
- Devise assays to Quality Control the lentiviral vectors and liaise to transfer release assays to other departments
- Work both independently and with the team to analyse data generated from experiments, draw appropriate conclusions and decide upon next steps.
- Maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards.
- Carry out literature reviews and collate information to identify information useful for the development of novel assays or the improvement of current processes.
- Degree qualified, with a PhD in a life sciences related subject - this is essential.
- You must have proven experience in lentiviral vector design and production.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with GxP procedures, ideally in lentiviral production and cell therapies.
- Previous management or supervisory experience would be advantageous.
- You will have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, process development, lentiviral vector design, production, manufacture, QC, assay validation, technology transfer, cell based, gene therapy, biologics, biological, scale up