Senior Protein Scientist North East £30-35K Are you an experienced scientist with skills across protein purification? Have you worked on mammalian cell culture and worked...
Senior Upstream Scientist
Salary £30-45K + relocation package
Do you have skills working within fermentation or working with bioreactors? Have you worked on media optimisation? Are you looking for a new opportunity in a leading biopharmaceutical company?
An organisation focussing on the development of biopharmaceutical products for a diverse set of clients are currently recruiting for a Senior Upstream Scientist to join their growing team in the North East. This individual will be involved in the development of processes within the upstream team. They will act as a supervisor to the rest of the group and be heavily involved in the technical development of projects as they come through the department.
Within this role you will work on mammalian cell cultures using bioreactors, in particular single-use bioreactors. You will be involved in the scale-up of bioreactor processes and work across media optimisation looking at nutrient metabolites and how these are consumed. Working within a busy team you will also take up the role of supervisor to the more junior team members, guiding them throughout their role and projects.
- Strong experience working with bioreactors or with microbial fermentation
- Ideally experience working on mammalian cell culture, in particular CHO cells
- Experience scaling-up bioreactor processes or working on media optimisation would be advantageous
- Further desirable experience would be knowledge of single use bioreactors
- Supervisory skills or experience would also be desirable
If you meet the above criteria and are looking at new opportunities in the North East, please apply online. Any questions can be directed to Kim on 0191 284 6768.