Development Scientist with fermenter and mammalian cell culture expertiseA major supplier of instruments for life science and biopharmaceutical industries is seeking a scientist to join...
Bioassay Scientist 6 months Stevenage £13.50/hr
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Bioassay Scientist to join their team in Stevenage. The successful applicant will join the BioPharm Discovery unit. The remit of the group is to generate decision-making data supporting the discovery and development of novel antibodies and recombinant proteins from concept through to proof-of-concept clinical testing.
You will work with teams of scientist with diverse skills including protein biochemists, in vivo and in vitro assays scientist and molecular biologist. The role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with functional experts at all stages of the drug development process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Testing samples using a range of biological cell based functional assays
- Mammalian cell culture and handling.
- In-vitro assays such as ELISA and MSD
- Data generation, handling and reporting.
- Operates laboratory equipment with minimal supervision. Executes experiments based on provided protocols and carries out basic interpretation of results with minimal supervision. Identifies problems in the execution of experimental processes and in results.
- Communicates data and results in technical memos/reports.
- BSc or equivalent scientific competency in Immunology, Cell Biology, or a related life sciences discipline.
- Experience with in-vitro assays such as ELISA and MSD
- Experience in working with primary human cells including immune cells.
- Experience with cell-based functional assays e.g. cellular signalling assays, migration assays and immunoassay platforms
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary program team
- Strong attention to detail and excellent record keeping team
To apply for this position, please apply online. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Umul on 0203 096 4529
Key words: cellular assays, flow cytometry, ELISA, cell culture, signalling assays, migration assays, immunassays