Chemist Wednesbury£9.50 £10.50 per hour + perm role available for the right candidateTemporary-to-permSRG are currently recruiting for an exciting temp-to-perm role for a transfer station...
£20,000 - £26,000
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 email@example.com
We are currently recruiting for a Chemist to join our client's team in Atherstone. The purpose of the role is to efficiently receive process and despatch incoming wastes through a hazardous waste packaged goods transfer facility. Paramount to the role is that waste is assessed and handled in an approved manner ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental compliance are met whilst demonstrating continuous improvement in productivity, resource efficiency and the quality of data retention.
- Monitor and control all processes within the facility in terms of people and equipment to ensure operational productivities and resource availability.
- Ensure security of waste entering the facility and disposal in line with any stated customer requirement.
- Ensure inputs and outputs meet defined standards e.g. EP, discharge consent, pre acceptance, onward transfer caveats, whilst driving best practice and continuous improvement in cost control and processing operations.
- Control material flows through the site to ensure delays and backlogs are minimised.
- Carry out regular stock control and inventory of materials, both waste and consumables held on site.
- Maintain the accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation of fully traceable records in line with Quality Management Systems of all waste received, stored and disposed of.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in all areas and ensure any housekeeping activities are carried out in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure Non Conformance reports are raised in line with procedures, issues identified, corrective action taken and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all company policy, process and procedures.
- Min HNC Chemistry qualification (Essential), a degree MUST be chemistry/forensics/chemical eng
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English Language (Essential
- Hazardous Treatment & Transfer CoTC (Desirable)
- IOSH or other safety qualifications (Desirable)
- Experience as a chemist in a hazardous waste management business or chemical/manufacturing industry would be an advantage, however we are considering applications from recent graduates interested in this industry
- IT literate - Using MS Office (Essential)
- Proven track record of working to clearly defined KPI's (desirable)
- Knowledge & understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical processing environment.
- Knowledge of current environmental and health and safety legislation.
- Understanding of chemical process safety and awareness of BAT
- Practical understanding of a wide range of analytical methodologies.
- Full, clean UK valid driving license
- Willingness to travel within the UK for business meetings and project work at other locations
- Flexible and Adaptable (Essential)
- A natural problem solver who always considers health and safety
The Transfer Station
The Transfer Station operation involves the reception, assessment, physical treatment, storage and onward disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in containers. In addition to the Job Description requirements the suitable candidate will need to:-
- Assess and classify waste on arrival, co-ordinate and supervise site operational staff to ensure waste is stored safely subject to hazard classification and chemical compatibility.
- Maintain effective liaison with transport to ensure a reliable service delivery of waste and container turnaround.
- Sourcing and maintaining of compliant, cost beneficial disposal outlets.