Biochemistry LC & LC/MS Principal Scientist GlasgowDo you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry? Can you perform well independently and as a team player in...
BioAnalytical (Biacore) - Scientist - Glasgow
Do you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry? Can you perform well in a fast paced environment?
Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative? Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client SRG are looking for outstanding individuals who want to make an impact in a rapidly growing department and can work effectively to deliver targets, manage by example and drive standards.
The Biacore (SPR) team is an integral part of the larger BioAnalytical department. The team is headed by a Head of Department who oversees six Scientists and five analysts.We are looking for Scientists to strengthen our Biacore team. Reporting to the Head of Department, these positions will be responsible for strengthening the technical depth of the team and for troubleshooting assays, assay development and contract content. Supporting Clients and their studies will be a core part of this role.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding, successful CRO.
What you can look forward to achieving
- Working closely with the Head of Department to deliver the Biacore team targets, including technical content of studies, revenue, quality standards and client timelines. The job holder will take accountability for the studies that they manage and become an integral part of the team.
- Supporting the Head of Department to meet key deliverables. Examples include (but are not limited to), client project reporting, financial accountability, contract discussions internally and externally.
- You will be responsible for the scientific and technical accuracy of the labwork performed in your studies and the reported results.
- Delivering effective study management by responding well to scientific challenge and applying significant rigor to their own work. Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Be the first point of contact for all internal/external studies managed by you and answer queries regarding study related issues.
- Developing and maintaining effective communications and working relationships with existing (and potentially subsequent) internal and external clients.
- Developing strong line management relationships to direct reports (where applicable)
- Confidently challenge existing systems & processes
- Exhibiting a thorough understanding of applicable EU and US GMP or GLP regulations
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the Company
- A Degree/Masters/PhD in a relevant scientific disciplin
- Experience in the performance, analysis and interpretation of Biacore / Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) data is essential
- Experienced in working within a GMP-compliant environmen
- Awareness of the current and future priorities of Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource
- Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and procedure
- An appropriate level of technical insight and credibility to represent Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource in a Scientist role and drive projects to deliver their agreed objectives.
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and effectively while working in a technically complex area
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate authoritatively at all levels internally and externally, both verbally and written.
- Planning - self organising with ability to manage multiple competing study activities across a broad timeline.
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel each with multiple dependencies and conflicting pressure.
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision.
Please apply online or for further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Pamela.
Keywords: biacore,SPR, surface plasmon resonance, bioanalytical, study manager, study director, CRO, contract testing, GMP, GLP