Laboratory Technician required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring practical laboratory experience, ideally in wet chemistry, physical testing or QC. Title: Laboratory TechnicianLocation: Greater...
Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring practical laboratory experience gained from industrial experience or academia. Good laboratory housekeeping and results recording practice are essential.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000 - £19,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading manufacturer of specialist materials for chemical, processing and refining industries. With manufacturing sites across the globe and a well-equipped, top-of-the-range laboratory in West Yorkshire, they now have a fantastic opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to support the R&D team with analysis, investigation and development projects. The role would suit someone with previous laboratory experience and good lab practice, perhaps a graduate of Chemistry/Materials Science or an individual who has practical experience with analytical equipment.
Benefits: Small but dynamic company, with a range of exciting projects to support. Full training and mentorship provided in an informal and collaborative work environment. 39 working hours, worked from 7.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday with a 12.30pm finish on Fridays. Offering 24 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays and auto-enrolment pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Performing laboratory tests, including GC and XRF, to produce data supporting scientific investigations
- Conducting routine tasks accurately and following set methodologies to carry out analysis
- Preparing samples for analysis
- Constructing, maintaining and operating laboratory test rigs and equipment,
- Recording, analysing and occasionally interpreting results to present to senior team members
- Data recording and analysis using IT software, presenting results accordingly
- Keeping up to date with technical developments
- Supporting technologists with scale up projects from laboratory to pilot plant
- Conducting searches on topics relevant to the research
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Previous practical laboratory experience, ideally with analytical techniques/skills
- Experience with Gas Chromatography (GC) or XRF will be considered advantageous
- Qualification in a scientific discipline - Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Materials Science or similar
- Good lab housekeeping and cleanliness
- Excellent organisation skills and a strong work ethic
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone who with proven laboratory skills, gained in industry or academia, to join a supportive team undertaking exciting R&D projects.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, lab, chemistry, testing, analytical, analysis, analysing, GC, gas chromatography, XRF, physical chemistry, inorganic, materials science, applied science wet chemistry, technical support, QC, quality control, graduate, degree, HND, A Level, data analysis,
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.