Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring practical laboratory experience gained from industrial experience or academia. Good laboratory housekeeping and results recording practice...
Laboratory Technician required, based primarily in West Yorkshire with semi-regular travel to Scotland. Requiring practical laboratory skills, strong communication skills and a driving licence.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: West Yorkshire (with semi-regular travel to Scotland)
Basic Pay: £9.51 per hour // Shift Pay: £11.62 per hour
Initial temporary 6 month contract
SRG is working with a market-leading company producing speciality chemicals and testing for the oil & gas industry. Their main laboratory is based in West Yorkshire, with a small team based in Dunbartonshire in Scotland. They are currently looking to hire a Laboratory Technician, initially on a temporay basis, to work in the main lab in West Yorkshire 3 days a week, with travel up to the Scotland facility approximately twice a month to conduct field testing on a shift basis. The role would be suited to someone with good practical laboratory skills gained from industry or education, who is flexible with their time and in possession of a driving licence.
Benefits: Weekly paid role in a small but supportive team, with full training provided. Increased pay for shift work. Vehicles and accommodation provided for field testing shifts in Scotland. Minimum 3 days a week in main lab (9am - 5pm). Semi regular trips to Scotland to conduct field testing - approximately 2 trips per month, 5 days per trip consisting of 4x 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm or 7pm-7am). The company are also set to move to brand new lab facilities in West Yorkshire within 6 months.
Role / Description
- Conducting laboratory testing on petrochemical products, including density, distillation cloud point testing, GC and pour point to assess additive performance
- Supporting formulation projects for new additive and oil blends
- Travelling to Scotland (Dunbartonshire) to conduct field testing of pour point on crude oil for various clients
- Taking samples of in-use diesel and crude oil for testing and additive monitoring
- General laboratory housekeeping and recording of results.
- Practical laboratory experience gained from education or from industry - wet chemistry techniques and basic lab practice.
- Full, valid driving licence
- Flexibility, willingness to travel and spend several day/nights away from home
- Excellent communication skill, strong written and verbal English
- Qualification in a scientific discipline would be advantageous but is not essential
This role would be an excellent opportunity to gain real-world lab experience or perhaps to return to the lab after a period of time out.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, lab, chemistry, testing, analytical, analysis, analysing, GC, gas chromatography, distillation, pour point, cloud point, additives, lubricants, oil, fuel, diesel, applied science, wet chemistry, technical support, QC, quality control, graduate, degree, HND, A Level, data analysis,
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.