Formulation Chemist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring experience in the formulation of household or personal care products, including wash products, detergents, cosmetics, cleaning products...
Regulatory and Formulation Chemist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring some knowledge of chemical regulation and product registration, as well as some hands on laboratory experience.
Title: Formulation and Regulatory Chemist
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
SRG is working with a small, but very exciting, start-up company who have made impressive progress in the two years since their inception. With a worldwide market for their pioneering skincare product, the company are now looking to hire a Formulation and Regulatory Chemist to support the Technical Manager in product development and establishing global regulatory requirements. Based at their facility in Cheshire, this role is the crucial next step in the company's growth and market presence. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge and experience of chemical regulations and product registration, as well as technical skills in formulation, analysis or microbiology.
Benefits: A fantastic opportunity to support the technical function for a forward-thinking, ethically-motivated and innovative company, with a very exciting future. Training and mentorship provided by the Technical Manager. 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, auto-enrolment pension.
Role / Description
- Conducting research to build a knowledge of regulatory requirements for numerous international markets
- Using knowledge and understanding of requirements to compile dossiers for product registrations
- Adapting formulations to meet varying regulatory standard and customer requirements
- Conducting analysis of products, e.g. viscosity, chromatography, basic microbiology
- Testing formulations for feasibility, stability, efficacy and performance under various conditions
- Undertaking claims substantiation work
- Recording and reporting on all laboratory work
- Helping to link technical knowledge with marketing strategy and communication, including incorporating regulatory research into market development strategy, reviewing marketing material to ensure technical content, and ensuring claims are communicated effectively
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar discipline
- Experience of chemical regulatory affairs, product registrations, product safety or compliance
- Technical, hands-on lab experience in formulation, analysis or microbiology
- Particular experience with personal care or topical health care products would be considered advantageous
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and keep excellent records of work
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: regulatory, compliance, product registration, product safety, notification portal, REACH, CLP, laboratory, formulation, analysis, microbiology, chromatography, stability testing, cosmetic, personal care, skincare, lotion, cream, wipe, chemical, hair care, body care, wash products, aerosol, encapsulation fragrance