Senior Scientist - Enzymology
Do you hold a strong background in Enzymology, with experience in areas of, or relating to, drug discovery? Do you have proven experience and expertise with enzyme reaction kinetics, equilibrium binding and association/disassociation kinetics?
My client based in Wiltshire is a fully integrated drug discovery and development Pharmaceutical organisation. Recently moving to a new facility, they are undergoing continued success, working on the development of small molecule protease inhibitors.
Currently seeking a Senior Scientist, the successful candidate will have a strong background in enzyme kinetics and will join a highly motivated and successful drug discovery team. The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Drive the development of novel assay methodologies for primary screening and selectivity profiling.
- Development, optimisation, validation and execution of biochemical assays on the interaction of recombinant proteins with small molecule inhibitors
- In depth mechanistic studies
- Work in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams, contributing to drug discovery projects across early development
- Mentoring of junior scientists within the team
- Oversee project delivery
Candidates will be considered from different levels with experience in the Drug Discovery industry:
- PhD (or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Enzymology or related area (E)
- Strong industry experience in Enzymology (E)
- Understanding of Enzymology, Protein Biochemistry and associated analytical techniques (E)
- Proven experience in enzyme kinetics, equilibrium binding and association/disassociation kinetics (E)
- Candidates must be willing to obtain full security clearance (E)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company with a strong technical leadership team; providing an opportunity to use and develop your technical expertise in the Pharmaceutical industry.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854