Technical Service Chemist based in Greater ManchesterTitle Technical Service Chemist Location Greater Manchester Salary £25,000 £30,000SRG are currently working with a well-established producer of...
Formulation Chemist required. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or relevant discipline, and proven experience of formulating personal care or cosmetic products. Any knowledge or experience of relevant cosmetic product regulations would also be considered advantageous
Title: Formulation Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire/Greater Manchester
Competitive Salary, dependent on experience
SRG is working with an innovative, global company with a specialised team who develop and formulate personal care and cosmetic products to specific customer briefs. The team are now looking to hire a Formulation Chemist to support the Development Team Leader in providing formulation and technical support to the R&D team and external customers. Currently based in West Yorkshire, the team will be relocating to new facilities in North Manchester in the next 12 months. The role would be best suited to an individual with proven formulation experience gained in the personal care or cosmetic industry.
Benefits: A global company with a dedicated UK-based R&D function, offering an opportunity to support existing project, as well as drive new development and portfolio expansion. 37.5 working hours a week, 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Excellent company pension, profit-related bonus scheme, 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Developing customer-specific formulations and providing technical support to the sales team, customers and distributors
- Working on multiple technical projects, reporting and presenting data to internal and external customers
- Generating and compiling technical information relating to products for commercial literature, exhibitions and customer demonstrations
- Using knowledge of cosmetic regulations to inform technical projects
- Helping to develop and deliver new product ideas for portfolio expansion
- Providing ideas, claims and technical data to support the marketing of products
- International travel to support the sales team at exhibitions and through customer visits
- A degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or relevant scientific discipline
- SCS Diploma would be considered advantageous
- Proven experience in the development/formulation of cosmetic or personal care products
- Experience of interacting with customers to provide technical support/advice
- Innovative thinking, excellent communication skills and self-motivation
This role would be an excellent opportunity someone with the right experience to get involved in innovation projects and work in real partnership with customers to develop genuinely exciting products.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: cosmetic, personal care, emulsion, shampoo, conditioner, hair care, skin care, body care, wash products, colour cosmetics, chemistry, cosmetic science, SCS, formulation, development laboratory, applications