Project ManagerNorth Oxford37.5 Hours per weekCompetitive salaryPermPlease contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456 firstname.lastname@example.orgMy client are a leading manufacturing and innovator of...
Project Quotation Manager
Contact Andrew for a discussion and a full JD: email@example.com 0121 728 8456
The Project Quotation Manager is responsible for establishing and leading the cross functional quotation team of managers and senior technical associates, to develop quotations for customer funded Product Development, Continuous Improvement and Scale Up projects. The role is wide reaching, interacting with all areas of the business, at all levels including the executive. This role is pivotal to the future success of the compnay, both in terms of developing competitive solutions to win new business and in terms of defining and setting the projects up for successful delivery. It is a wide varying role, and will require a diverse skill set aquired in regulated environments.
Starting with inputs (verbal, written and formal Request for Quotation (RFQ)) from sales and marketing, you will take ownership of developing the quotations:
- Ensure that you and the quotations team understand the commercial position and customer needs, liaising closely with the relevant Commercial Manager and attending customer meetings as required
- Ensure that you have agreed representation on the quotations team from each of the functions that will be involved in project delivery, including the relevant Programme Manager
- Lead the quotation team (and where outside of "business as usual", consult with senior management and executive stakeholders), to agree and optimise a delivery strategy for the project. Strategy development will be supported by the Programme Manager
- Work with the quotation team and suppliers to convert that delivery strategy to an outline project plan
- Determine and document project timelines, resource requirements, budget requirements and any project dependencies, assumptions and risks. Determine and document in scope and out of scope items
- Working with the Programme Manager and functional resource managers determine possible start dates for projects (where required) based on resource availability and other potential constraints
- Determine and with key stakeholders optimise the manufacturing investment and unit costs, working with finance to perform economic assessments where required
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team upstream of the formal RFQ to understand and prepare for upcoming quotation requests, in order to minimise the quotation lead time and to help steer and support the commercial discussions
Comprehensive experience of project strategy, scoping and estimating gained in a technical development and industrialization environment. This could be as a quotation manager, technical lead, project manager or other relevant role.
- Scope analysis and definition
- Project implementation strategy development
- Project timeline and resource planning
- Project budget estimation and management
- Project Risk Management
- Stakeholder management
- Quality Management - Desirable
- Procurement Management - DesirableTechnical background
- Significant project experience within medical devices, IVDs, or some type of life sciences or product development and industrial environment
- Full understanding in depth of the full product introduction life cycle from concept through to volume scale up.
- Previous experience in medical devices - Desirable
- Customer-facing project or technical account management - Desirable
- Experienced MS Project user
- Highly computer literate - Excel/Word/Office