Quality AssociateCambridgePermanent£30-34K per annumRole profile:Supporting the Quality team with training, documentation control and supplier management and taking the lead in ensuring that Quality protocols are...
Inventory Assistant - Mammalian Cells
Working for a global biotechnology organisation in Cambridge, this role may appeal if you have a sound Supply Chain/Logistics background and an interest or history of working within a biology/life sciences organisation. An academic understanding of mammalian cells and how to handle them, would also be a benefit.
- Working closely with the customer care team to fulfil orders and providing the day-to-day management of inventory for sale
- Arranging the storage and retrieval of sensitive specimens from temperature regulated locations (mostly mammalian cells)
- Work in collaboration with Finance team to support functions such as stock counts, inventory disposal and monitoring of client accounts
- Familiar with cycle counts, ABC inventory and FIFO/FEFO protocols
- Identification of continuous improvement approaches which will impact on profitability, quality and efficiency
- Implement and monitor 5S, Lean and Kanban approaches
- Acting as support to the Central Services team, ensuring all consumables are ordered and distributed in a timely manner
- Proven work history in administration of scientific inventory control
- Demonstrable experience of using systems to manage complex inventory records - must be an advanced Excel user and capable of working with formulae and pivot tables to manipulate large data sets
- Good working knowledge of cold-chain practices and the handling of mammalian cells would be a great advantage
- Continuous improvement practices such as 5S, Kanban and Lean.
- Strong organisational, verbal reasoning and communication skills are essential, as is a flexible and collaborative approach
- A genuine interest in working in a scientific environment, or an academic/work history from Science is preferable