Development Chemist with a specialism in Inorganic Adhesives based in MerseysideTitle Senior Development Chemist Location Merseyside, North-WestSalary £35,000 £38,000SRG are currently seeking to recruit a...
Development Chemist required on a 6 month temporary contract, based in Cheshire East. Requiring experience with coatings, paints, polymer resins or cementitious materials. Scientific degree would be advantageous but is not essential.
Title: Development Chemist
Location: Cheshire East
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Term: 6 month temporary contract
SRG is working with a leader in the UK industrial paint and coatings sector, who formulate a range of resin-based coatings for application in flooring. The company currently have a small site in Cheshire which is winding down operations in preparation for merging the technical teams to be based at one main facility in Newcastle. The Cheshire site is due to close at the end of this year so they are now looking to hire a temporary Development Chemist to help complete technical projects and transfer technology before closure. The role would be right for someone with industry experience working with paints, coatings or polymer resins such as epoxy, polyurethanes or polyesters - perhaps a graduate with a placement year or an experienced chemist looking to return to work.
Benefits: Immediate start and at least 6 months' work in a busy development lab, supporting project completion. Lots of autonomy and support from on-site and remote technical teams. Weekly paid. 35 working hours a week, Monday to Friday, with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days annual holiday allowance plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Supporting the Lead Chemist with product research, development and performance testing
- Formulating and reformulating coating products
- Reformatting labels and Safety Data Sheets with support from the regulatory team to achieve CLP compliance
- Testing physical properties, such as drying time and colour
- Facilitating the completion of technical projects and handing over ongoing projects to technical team in Newcastle
- Transferring technology, data and materials to R&D team in Newcastle.
- Immediate availability or short notice
- Proven experience working with paints, coatings, cementitious materials or polymer resins such as epoxy, polyurethanes or polyesters
- Degree in Chemistry advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of Safety Data Sheet and hazard statements
- Strong communication skills and self-motivated.
This role would be a brilliant opportunity to support and ultimately the completion of technical projects for a major coatings company. Though temporary, it will provide valuable experience and skills to the successful applicant.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: coating, paints, coatings, paints, resin, epoxy, epoxies, polyurethane, polymer, polester, urethane, flooring, waterproofing, formulation, colour, development, R&D, laboratory, chemist, chemistry, chemical