Regulatory and Formulation Chemist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring some knowledge of chemical regulation and product registration, as well as some hands on laboratory...
Formulation Chemist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring experience in the formulation of household or personal care products, including wash products, detergents, cosmetics, cleaning products or similar
Title: Formulation Chemist
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with an independent company specialising in the development of biocidal products for use in personal care, household and healthcare industries. As a result of recent investment and growth, they are now looking for an experienced Formulation Chemist to join the team at their facility in Cheshire. The role will involve leading projects to deliver cutting-edge technologies and formulations and would be excellent opportunity for an individual with a background in the development of household, personal or animal care products.
Benefits: Innovative and forward-thinking company offering a brilliant opportunity to take the lead role in product development and formulation. A modern and well-equipped working environment, with a highly collaborative team. 25 day holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days, company pension scheme, life assurance and share options. Working hours of 36.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with highly flexible start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Developing new formulations and technologies for a range of markets, including personal care, household, healthcare and pet-care industries
- Leading projects involving reformulation, labelling and international product launches
- Liaising with new and existing suppliers to discuss the potential of raw materials
- Working to product specifications and developing technical briefs for product development
- Attending and troubleshooting at production trials, in UK and internationally
- Designing and conducting tests for product stability, raw materials and finished products
- Developing new test methods for claims substantiation or to demonstrate regulatory compliance
- Working collaboratively with microbiology team and sales/marketing functions to provide technical support and input
- Documenting records of work to support new patents, demonstrate compliance or support future work
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science, Physical Science or related scientific discipline
- Proven experience in the formulation and development of household care, personal care, pet-care products or biocidal products - e.g. detergents, laundry products, disinfectants, sanitisers, cosmetics, wet wipes, cleaning products, etc.
- Demonstrable experience of leading projects or supporting production trials
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with proven formulation skills relating to relevant product development to take a leading role in a dynamic and inventive team.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: formulation, biocide, biocidal, product development, R&D, personal care, skin care, body care, emollient, wet wipes, emulsion, cosmetic, cosmetics, detergent, surfactant, disinfectant, sanitiser, sanitise, cleaning products, antimicrobial, janitorial, chemistry, chemist, project management, development chemist, formulation chemist, technologist