Senior Analytical Chemist Wet Chemistry Location:Reading Permanent role, excellent salary I am looking for a highly experienced candidate in Wet Chemistry to be based at...
£9.50 - £10.50 per hour + perm role available for the right candidate
SRG are currently recruiting for an exciting temp-to-perm role for a transfer station chemist for our industry leading waste management client, Biffa Waste Management. This is on a temporary to permanent basis.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the weighbridge including control of vehicle access & driver induction and that all administrative checks on statutory or procedural paperwork are correct and carried out on arrival and departure.
- Ensuring any incoming Non Conforming tankers are immediately reported to Bulk Enquiry Team and Plant Chemists
- Ensure that a comprehensive pre-acceptance analysis is carried out on all sales samples and that enquiries are delivered within the targeted timescale.
- To assist the plant chemists with sample and analysis.
- Ensure that waste acceptance and verification analysis is carried out on all bulk loads on arrival and drum samples as requested. Provide support analysis for chemists as and when requested.
- Ensure that compliance testing of process outputs is carried out in accordance with company procedures with limits met or non-conformances reported.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in all areas and ensure any housekeeping activities are carried out in an effective and timely manner.
- Assist site management in the maintenance of Risk and COSHH
- Assessments for activities and materials handled in the laboratory.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and that all laboratory records are maintained, current and fully traceable in line with statutory requirements and company procedures.
- Chemistry or chemical engineering degree, or related subject
- IT literate - use of Microsoft office
- Practical understanding of a wide range of analytical methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical hazards and CoSHH
- Analytical with the ability to measure & monitor data and take appropriate action.
- Organised with the ability to simplify complex issues.