MANUFACTURING QUALITY ENGINEER CAMBRIDGESHIRE MEDICAL DEVICES PERMANENT SRG are working with an award winning and world leading medical device manufacturer who are producing some...
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER - CAMBRIDGE - MEDICAL DEVICES
Want to be part of a company at the forefront of surgical robotics? Experienced in designing and developing electro-mechanical devices? An opportunity has arisen to join a multi-disciplinary product development team, as a senior mechanical engineer.
- Developing and implementing creative solutions based on different technologies and key requirements
- Delivering project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Writing complex technical design documentation and test protocols
- Supporting the Manufacturing teams with the build and test of production systems. This to include; design input to product risk-analyses and design-for-manufacture activities, assisting the Supply Chain team in the selection our Critical & Key suppliers, communication and co-ordination of activities to support the sourcing of innovative and high-quality production parts.
- A strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline plus extensive industry experience
- Significant design experience of innovative and complex electro-mechanical systems using SolidWorks CAD
- Proven ability to optimise lightweight structural design for high reliability and ease of manufacture (DFA/M)
- Analytical skills experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis (e.g. FEA, CFD, MATLAB and MATHCAD)
- Practical experience of transfer to manufacture activities for low and high-volume production
- Experience of operating under formal design processes and designing to IEC 60601, including verification
- Exposure and appreciation of the requirements of operating and developing medical products under ISO13485
- Appreciation of mechatronic systems with high precision and fast response characteristics would be beneficial
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best