The role involves lead responsibility for provision of statistical analysis and advice to scientists and technologists You would be joining an experienced team that can...
R&D Coatings Scientist
£40,000 - £50,000
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 email@example.com
Applications are invited for an experienced R&D Scientist/Engineer to play an essential role in the technical work carried out in the development lab. The person filling this position will be working in a small dynamic team comprising of expert scientists in the field of material chemistry. You will bring experience in the formulation of inks and coating processes. Training will be provided.
My client is an early stage company developing next-generation light-emitting materials, and it has recently assured funding from established tech investors.
Applications are invited for an experienced R&D scientist/engineer to lead the coating activities in the company. This includes formulating inks containing the pigments developed by the chemists and develop coating methods. Supervision of technicians is also envisaged.
- Lead the development of the coating activities
- Formulation of inks incorporating light-emitting materials developed in-house
- Fabricate thin film coatings using slot-die, blade and ink-jet coating methods
- Use of characterisation equipment for materials and coatings (e.g. SEM, XRD, optical microscopy, optical absorption, photo- and electroluminescence)
- Carry out basic equipment maintenance tasks.
- Reporting of experimental procedures and results at internal and external meetings
- Close collaboration with experienced materials chemists and device physicists as well as lab technicians.
- Supervision of lab technicians
- The role would be ideally suited to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Possession of a chemistry related degree (physics, materials science or a related field will also be considered). A PhD would be an advantage.
- Experience in ink formulation and/or coating processes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent observational and record keeping skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Dynamic and interested in science and technology
Salary & working times:
Core company hours are 8:30am-5pm weekdays.
Salary commensurate with experience.