Senior Analytical Development ManagerBiologicsCambridgePermanentUp to £48k per annumWorking for a global organisation based in Cambridge, this role is responsible for the progression of analytical development...
Category Manager - Aroma's and Chemicals
This is an interesting and exciting opportunity to become part of an expanding organisation who manufacture and develop unique fragrances on a global scale for use in a variety of consumer goods.
Core role requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Working as part of the Procurement team in the procurement of chemicals both nationally and internationally
- Create and maintain a robust category management strategy. Be aware of developments within the various category of materials and broader source and supply issues
- Main point of contact for both internal and external queries relating to the portfolio of the fragrance product
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the product line from starting point of raw material, to development and testing in the lab, to marketing and sale of product and eventually discontinuation of product
- Identify and suggest cost and time-saving projects
- Expand internal product awareness opportunities (both existing and new products)
- A degree in Chemistry (or related)
- A procurement/purchasing/buying background - ideally in Chemicals
- Good working knowledge of associated systems including for example: JDE, Stars, MRP
- Demonstrable business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excellent data handler - experienced in data collection, interrogation and extraction with very good analytical and research skills
- Full UK driving licence is essential due to the volume of travelling required as well as a valid Passport - travelling will account for 60-70% of this role, mainly to China and the UK
- Home-based working could be considered for the right candidate, although the first 6-12 months would need to be based mainly in the Suffolk site.
- There is also a relocation package available for candidates wishing to move geographically in order to take this role.