QC Technician in West Yorkshire Full trainingTitle QC Technician Location North YorkshireSalary £16,000 £19,000 (dependant on experience)Our client is a leading manufacturer of speciality...
QC Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring practical laboratory skills, gained through industrial experience in a manufacturing environment.
Title: QC Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with an established manufacturer of polymer products for a range of applications including flooring, sealants, elastomers and coatings. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for a QC Technician to support the lab in the quality control testing of raw materials and finished products. This position would be well suited to someone with technical or lab experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
Benefits: Stable, permanent role in a busy lab team, lots of interaction with production and teste a wide range of polymer products. Offering 25 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Working hours of 34.5 hours per week, worked between 7.30am and 4pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 1pm finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- QC testing raw materials and finished products using wet chemistry techniques, including Karl Fischer titration, viscometry, density testing and specific gravity
- Accurately recording results and inputting data into SAP
- Determining necessary changes for batches to meet specifications
- Maintaining QC equipment
- Preparing daily manifests and distributing batch sheets and delivery notes
- Preparing and compiling Certificates of Analysis for customers
- Preparing paperwork for Hazardous Goods dispatch
- Good, practical wet chemistry skills gained from an industrial lab or manufacturing environment
- Any QC experience or lab testing experience will be considered highly advantageous
- Good communication skills and a solid work ethic
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with some laboratory experience and good wet chemistry skills to work in a successful and stable manufacturing company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, wet chemistry, QC, quality control, Karl Fischer, titration, density, viscosity, polymer, adhesive, adhesives, binder, sealant, coating, polyurethane, polyurethanes, urethanes, epoxy, epoxies, resin, resins,