Opportunity for a QC Lab Technician, working shifts, based in the High Peak region. Chemistry or scientific background required OR QC experience in a...
Opportunity for a QC Technician, based in West Yorkshire. QC experience in a manufacturing environment ideal, otherwise general laboratory or analytical skills will be considered.
Title: QC Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with an established manufacturer of polymer products for a range of applications including flooring, sealants, elastomers and coatings. With a huge range of raw materials and finished products, the technical team is looking for a new QC Technician to support with laboratory testing and quality control. If you have good laboratory/wet chemistry testing skills or proven QC experience, this would be an excellent opportunity to join this small but welcoming company.
Benefits: Stable, permanent role in a busy lab team, lots of interaction with production and testing a wide range of polymer products. Offering 25 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Working hours of 37 hours per week, worked between 7.30am and 4pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 1pm finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- QC testing of raw materials and finished products using wet chemistry techniques, including Karl Fischer titration, viscometry, density testing and specific gravity
- Accurately recording results and inputting data into SAP
- Determining necessary changes for batches to meet specifications
- Maintaining QC equipment
- Preparing daily manifests and distributing batch sheets and delivery notes
- Preparing and compiling Certificates of Analysis for customers
- Preparing paperwork for Hazardous Goods dispatch
- Previous experience of quality control or laboratory testing of chemical products
- Experience gained in a manufacturing environment is beneficial
- Good communication skills and a solid work ethic
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with some laboratory experience and good wet chemistry skills to work in a successful and stable manufacturing company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, testing, wet chemistry, QC, quality control, Karl Fischer, titration, density, viscosity, polymer, adhesive, adhesives, binder, sealant, coating, polyurethane, polyurethanes, urethanes, epoxy, epoxies, resin, resins, chemical