QC Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring practical laboratory skills, gained through industrial experience in a manufacturing environment. Title: QC TechnicianLocation: West YorkshireSalary:...
Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a background in Chemistry or similar, good lab practice and a willingness to learn. Recent or soon-to-be Chemistry graduates are encouraged to apply.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
SRG is working exclusively with a well-established manufacturer of adhesives, sealants and speciality coatings for a wide range of customers across multiple sectors. With a 40% growth in business last year, they are now looking to hire a Laboratory Technician to join the Technical Team and support product development and testing, with some QC work. This position would be well suited to a Chemistry or Polymer Science graduate. Equally, someone with a HNC/HND in Chemistry, coupled with some lab experience would be welcome to apply.
Benefits: An independent and highly successful company who had record growth last year and are looking to expand their site in the near future. Small team presents lots opportunities to be involved in various technical activities and take on more responsibility with time. Offering 20 days' holiday (increasing with length of service), plus 8 bank holidays and auto-enrolment pension scheme. 38 working hours per week, 7.30am and 4.15pm, Monday to Thursday, with a half-day on Fridays (7.30am - 12.30pm).
Role / Description
- Conducting general R&D work including formulation, raw materials evaluation and physical property testing, with support from the Technical Manager
- Building knowledge of sealant and adhesive chemistry through testing and benchmarking of in-house and competitor products
- Generating and maintaining records of laboratory work
- Liaising raw materials suppliers and assessing new or alternative raw materials for cost or performance improvements
- Supporting scale up from laboratory to production
- Assisting with the production of safety data sheets and product labelling information, to meet a variety of regulations and industry standards
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- General lab housekeeping
- Degree in Chemistry or closely related discipline - scientific HNC, HND will also be considered
- Wet chemistry or general laboratory experience from university or an industrial environment
- Good time management and strong written communication skills
- Able to multi-task and use initiative
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a scientific mind-set looking to build experience in a laboratory environment in a thriving chemical company.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, polymer science, product development, development, formulation, adhesive, sealant, coating, filler, laboratory, wet chemistry, QC, quality control, lab support, production, BSc, Mchem, HND, HNC, degree,