A rare opportunity for an experienced Upstream Process Scientist to join an international Biopharmaceutical companies R&D team. Senior Upstream Process Scientist Permanent North West EnglandI...
Title: Protein Scientist
Duration: 12 months
Start: Ideally around 01/07/2019
Hours: 40 p/w
Location: Alderley Park, North West
Rate: £15.50 up to £20.70 p/h for Senior Scientists
Are you a recent PhD graduate looking to move into industry? Or a scientist with a passion for generating vital proteins to support drug discovery projects?
SRG are working with a leading pharmaceutical company who are currently looking for a Scientist to join their targeted protein degradation modal to bring new, innovative treatments to patients around the world. The Protein Science team, sat within Biology Discovery is responsible for the generation of validated protein reagents to support projects across all phases of drug development and discovery.
Desirable skills required for the role:
- Experience in the purification of proteins (including antibodies) for target validation, screening and/or structure.
- Understanding of a range of expression systems including in vitro translation, bacterial (E.coli) expression, yeast (Pichia pastoris), baculovirus, mammalian transient and stable expression systems.
- Experience in the biochemical, physicochemical and functional characterisation of proteins.
- Optional experience in large scale production of proteins, including endotoxin free proteins and/or production of modified or labelled proteins.
- To propose experimental strategies, trouble shoot problems and contribute to the practical delivery of projects in accordance to SHE requirements.
- To be a key member of a team producing proteins to elucidate mechanisms of targeted protein degradation and to work with novel E3 ligases.
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in literature.
- To contribute to the interpretation of experimental data.
Skills and experience:
- Ideally should have a B.Sc., M.Sc. degree or Ph.D. in relevant subjects, or equivalent level of understanding developed through experience in drug discovery or early development.
- Have an understanding of pre-clinical drug discovery and how it contributes to and should influence projects.
- Have an understanding of how different drug discovery disciplines contribute to and work together within a project.
Please contact Sarah Meredith (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding this position: or alternatively, you can call Sarah at 0161 868 2249.Key Words: Protein / degradation / drug discovery / biochemical / in vitro / expression / laboratory / biomed / mammalian