Chemistry or Scientific graduates required for multiple scientific roles in the scientific industry. Graduate ScientistsNorth West / Yorkshire Are you graduating in Chemistry...
R&D Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a technical background, ideally in product development from the plastics, polymer or chemicals industry. Qualifications in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Materials Science beneficial but not essential. Knowledge of extrusion or moulding advantageous.
Title: R&D Chemist
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with a company who are well-established manufacturers of speciality additives used in a wide range of polymers and plastics. As a result of internal promotion, their central technology team is now looking for an R&D Chemist to support in developing new additive technologies, formulation and applications testing. The role would be ideal for someone with technical experience in product development/formulation of additives, plastics, materials, dispersions, coatings, moulded polymers, masterbatch or other chemical products.
Benefits: A globally successful company with an impressive track record of innovation, offering an opportunity to join a busy, multi-discipline team. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Other benefits include an excellent company pension scheme and private healthcare. Working hours 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Working in conjunction with a senior chemist to develop new additive technologies for plastics and moulded polymers
- Sourcing materials and running experiments to incorporate into new product formulations
- Testing application and performance of additives using plastic processing equipment (extrusion, injection moulding, blow moulding)
- Supporting scale up to production
- Using design of experiments to contribute to development process
- Collating, analysing and questioning test and application data to inform further development product improvement
- Interacting with other technical teams, production and customers to understand requirements, communicate project developments and proved technical support.
- Proven experience in lab-based product development of polymers, plastics, additives, foam, materials, coatings, dispersions, masterbatch or other chemical products
- Able to analyse data and use problem-solving skills to investigate issues
- Able to collaborate and work across boundaries to share and question technical information
- Experience with extrusion, injection moulding or blow moulding advantageous but not essential
- Qualifications in a Chemistry, Polymer or Materials focused discipline will be beneficial but are not essential
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with R&D/product development experience looking to take the next step in their career.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: development, product development, R&D, technologist, chemist, chemistry, polymer, formulation, laboratory, applications, extrusion, blown, injection, polymer, plastic, pvc, polyurethane, resin, thermoplastics, dye, masterbatch, ink, coating, paint, pigment, dispersion, cosmetics, surfactants, detergents, personal care, household care, lubricants, additives, speciality, injection moulding