Project & Contracts ManagerLocation South WalesSalary Competitive Great chance to work for a fast-paced company who specialise in lateral flow test and custom gold conjugation...
New Product Development Scientist (Enzymes)Location - CardiffSalary - £30,000 + Bonus + Substantial Benefits
Great opportunity to work within an award winning New Product Development team, whose customers include many top blue-chip companies.
Role / Description
To work as part as the customer focused New Product Development (NPD) as a Technical Lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of the enzyme development projects. This will require the following duties:
- To be involved with production and completion of the enzyme portfolio by processes such as: enzyme identification, process scale up, enzyme application tests.
- To be able to work alongside the sales and marketing teams, in order to identify the customers' needs, in order to produce new product ideas and to provide support launching and promoting new enzymes.
- A Masters or PhD (or equivalent experience) in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry.
- Previous experience of working in one or more of the following: molecular cloning/ bioinformatics, downstream processing and enzyme applications and fermentation (bacterial or yeast).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- The ability to analyse and diagnose problems, and provide effective solutions to overcome problems.
- Previous project management experience would be an advantage.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Ellie at Ellie.Gorton@srg.co.uk. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Ellie on 0121 728 8458.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: enzymes, NPD, New Product Development, Enzyme Portfolio