Technician PermBicester£16,832Description: SRG are currently looking for a hard working, motivated individual to join our clients team as an Industrial Cleaner/Machine Operator at their site...
Temporary: 3 month (with potential for extension)
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK
£10.00 - £11.00 p. h.
A new and exciting opportunity has emerged for an enthusiastic experimental scientist within the R&D team of a global securities company based in Hertfordshire.
You will support the team with designing and carrying out experiments, running tests, recording and analysing data. You will also be responsible for reporting any discrepancies in the data to your manager to assist with design development of the products.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Lab based techniques - testing machines / equipment, weighing, measuring, pipetting, making up solutions
- Researching and testing for design optimisation
- Recording, interpreting and evaluating experimental results
- Observing and reporting findings accurately and efficiently
- BSc. degree in a Scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience in laboratory and instrument testing methods
- Previous experience of using Mass Spectroscopy (or other forms of spectroscopy)
- Flexible and organised; able to prioritise and juggle multiple tasks
- Quick learner with excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a highly regulated environment
- Exemplary record-handling
- Motivated self-starter able to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Instrument design in mass spectrometry or ion mobility spectrometry. (Desirable)
This is the perfect opportunity for a fresh graduate looking for their first role in industry. If you are a quick learner with eye for detail, and your CV reflects the key areas mentioned above then please apply for this Laboratory Technician position now by attaching your CV in MS Word format.
Alternatively, for more information on this role, please contact Ayisha Malik Ayisha.Malik@srg.co.uk / 01223 607856.