Research Scientist Protein / Antibody analysisRole Type: PermanentSalary: Dependent on Experience/Level of role from £26KSkills: Protein and Antibody Analysis, UPLC, Antibody, analytical scienceMy client based...
USP (up-stream process) Research Scientist
Permanent Salary to be discussed with consultant.
Start: ASARP (As Soon As Realistically Possible)
To help address the growing problem of anti-biotic resistance in the world novel drug develop offers one arm of the solution. Do you want to join a small but established biotechnology company and help develop the next wave of antibiotics?
You would be responsible for:
- Design, develop and optimise bacterial fermentation processes suitable for GMP.
- Work with production methods such as shake flasks, 1L glass bioreactors and up to 15L scale stainless steel fermenters.
- Ensure laboratory notebooks and/or Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs) are completed and maintained according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- To form part of multidisciplinary teams working within all areas of the PD Manufacturing team, and provide results, data and progress to project leaders.
Ideally you would have:
- Relevant Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent) and laboratory experience in a Life Science discipline such as Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering etc.
- Experience of working to cGMP biopharmaceutical environment.
- Proven industry or academic experience in developing and/or optimising methods for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- A working knowledge and experience with cell cultures and cell banking.
This is the perfect opportunity for a fresh PhD, a graduate with some laboratory experience or someone with experience but no formal qualification.
If you are a quick learner with eye for detail, and your CV reflects the key areas mentioned above then please apply for this USP Research Scientist position now by attaching your CV in MS Word format.
Alternatively, for more information on this role, please contact Dominic Cappell Dominic.Cappell@srg.co.uk / 01223 607857.