Research Scientist for Translational Biology GroupRole Type: PermanentSalary: From £24K DOESkills: cell culture, primary cells, immunoassaysMy client based in the Cambridge area works within antibody...
Research Scientist - Protein / Antibody analysis
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience/Level of role - from £26K
Skills: Protein and Antibody Analysis, UPLC, Antibody, analytical science
My client based in the Cambridge area works within antibody based therapeutics and is currently seeking a candidate to work in the Analytical/Characterisation group.
With a background in protein or antibody therapeutics, you will have a proven expertise of working in the laboratory with such molecules and producing results to advance therapeutics findings.
Your responsibilities will be:
* characterisation of proteins and antibodies using UPLC, Mass Spectrometry and DSC
* expert in analytical techniques and biological applications of proteins
* drive the development of new analytical techniques and support findings
* ensuring and participating to the group discovery and data presentation to colleagues and collaborators
Your skills and education will cover:
* BSc and preferably a higher degree in a relevant biological discipline (E)
* protein purification, structure and post-translational modification such as glycosylation (E)
* UPLC, Mass Spectrometry and DSC (E)
* troubleshooting and optimisation of process (E)
* understanding of drug discovery process (E)
* working with colleagues and support junior members of the team (E)
* bioinformatics and protein modelling such as VBA or Python (D)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company with strategic collaboration with existing manufacturer and EU patent on some of their molecules.
They are based on a science research park on the outskirt of Cambridge offering a short commute from the city of Cambridge by car, bike or shuttle bus.
he campus has a café/cafeteria on site and a large park accessible to all employees.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607855 or email: Lynda.email@example.com