Job Title: Senior Consumer Safety Expert Salary: Highly Competitive + Benefits Location: Berkshire Contract: Permanent SRG are currently working with a world-leading organisation in the...
Environmental Health & Safety Advisor
Fixed Term Contract 13 months - Full Time
Attractive salary & package
- The EH&S Advisor is responsible for contributing to the effective management of the environmental, health and safety program for the research facility.
- Reporting to the Associate Director EH&S, the person must be capable of working independently and applying sound technical knowledge to identify areas for improvement and implement changes in a collaborative manner.
- This role is based at the UK site and is focused mainly on providing support to the site including the laboratory research operations.
- This is a varied role which requires technical expertise in multiple EH&S disciplines including; fire safety, laboratory safety (biological, chemical), ergonomics, facilities safety, auditing and inspection. The Lead Associate must possess excellent communication skills and be able to convey safety recommendations and advice clearly. The ideal candidate is business astute with experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry.
- Maintaining site EH&S programs including record keeping.
- Developing and reviewing site policies and procedures.
- Conducting internal audits and inspections.
- Completing and reviewing risk assessments.
- Ensuring accident investigations are completed, providing support where necessary and ensuring improvement strategies are recommended and actioned.
- Developing and conducting EH&S training including new employee inductions.
- Chairing the Site Safety Committee meetings and attending other cross-functional team meetings.
- Management of regulatory licenses.
- Acting as project lead for EH&S subteam projects.
- Actively contributing to Global EH&S programs and collaborations across sites.
- Actively involved with the site emergency response teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Life Science related field.
- Professional H&S qualification e.g. NEBOSH certificate (minimum) or Diploma level.
- Membership of a professional body such as IOSH, ISTR, IRSM and on-going CPD maintenance.
- Qualifications to deliver specialised training such as Manual
- Handling an advantage, but not essential.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of UK Health, Safety and Environmental legislation with a practical approach to implementation.
- Persuasive communicator with the ability to explain safety information clearly and concisely.
- Possesses excellent computer and documentation management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems and meet project goals.
- Uses initiative, exercises autonomy and decision making.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple on-going projects.
If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, should you have any questions please call on 0121 728 8455 to discuss.