Microbiologist - 6 month contract based in Manchester
Title Microbiologist - 6 months contract Location Greater ManchesterSalary £35,000 (Pro Rata)
SRG are looking for a Microbiologist to join a long established (over 100 years) producer of speciality chemicals in Greater Manchester. This would be an initial 6 month contract, and a fantastic opportunity to work within a highly specialised industry.
Role / Description This position will be responsible for the microbiological analysis of water based industrial fluids, supporting customers through the timely detection of potential spoilage or microbiological contamination. Key duties will include:
- Routine microbiological analysis of products & customer samples.
- Providing technical microbiological support to UK customers
- Assessment of biocidal raw materials to determine efficacy
- Monitoring the plant environment, water & effluent.
- Maintaining the company culture collection.
- A degree or equivalent experience within a microbiological field.
- Proven experience within an industrial microbiological laboratory.
- Previous experience with metal working fluids would be highly desirable.
- Well-organised, excellent communication skills & a good knowledge of COSHH.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.email@example.com .For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Microbiology, Microbiologist, Manchester, Temporary